Official Operation Majora's Mask 3D
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Operation Majora's Mask 3D is a petition to voice the requests by fans to release Majora's Mask in 3D on the Nintendo 3DS.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Timeline Discussion Theory (Legend of Zelda)

Go down 
AuthorMessage
ShouCHC
Mod
ShouCHC

Timeline Discussion Theory (Legend of Zelda) Empty
PostSubject: Timeline Discussion Theory (Legend of Zelda)   Timeline Discussion Theory (Legend of Zelda) EmptyMon Aug 01, 2011 2:23 am

<Posting here since it doesn't exactly fit anywhere else, so if you could fix that Randy?>

Now, I know how everyone has their own speculations on what happened where. I want to show my version, and my theories, and I would like you to post yours as well.

So for starters, we KNOW Skyward Sword is before Ocarina of Time.

Skyward Sword -> Ocarina of Time

Then we have the Split Timeline. Adult Link, and Child Link. I will explain each briefly.

Adult: When Link was sent back in time, and didn't kill Ganondorf
Child: When Link killed Ganondorf
(The way I put it)

Now it looks like this.

...................................................Adult

.................................................../
...................................................\

...................................................Child

Now, we know Majora's Mask happened after Ocarina of Time, Nintendo said so. But, here's where a bit of speculation comes in. There are theories behind where Majora's Mask is placed.

(Note: Majora's Mask states that Link is looking for a lost friend, not Navi, so please don't troll about that. If you wish to believe it's Navi, then that's your thoughts. I believe that he is looking for his mother and father, both of whom died. Father in Hylian War and mother in taking Link through the Lost Woods to the Kokiri Forest.)

You could say it's all a dream, making it before Ocarina of Time
You could say that it's after he is turned into Child Link, and is in Child Timeline

I, like to say it's when Link turns back into a child, and that he is turning into a Stalfos(Fado tells you that everyone who ventures in the Lost Woods without a fairy turns into a Stalfos), and it's his way of coping with death (thus making him the Stalfos in Twilight Princess) So it looks something like this.

....................................................Majora's Mask

Now, since we're keeping it simple (for now) we'll go ahead and throw Twilight Princess in the mix. (Again, my theories, and this is how I view it)

....................................................Majora's Mask -> Twilight Princess

Now, the SNES/NES titles. (Legend of Zelda came out first, and Zelda II was the sequel to it. When A Link to the Past was released, it was told that it was the prequel to Legend of Zelda. And again, I put them after Twilight Princess due to my own theories)

....................................................Majora's Mask -> Twilight Princess -> A Link to the Past -> Legend of Zelda -> Zelda II

Now we have the most annoying part, Wind Waker. It literally ruined the timeline. Here's why. In the story, it said the Hero of Time had come. But, when trouble began, he didn't come back. Meaning, that Link had to have killed Ganondorf, but when Zelda sent him back in time, the whole Hero of Time story stayed. So, the tale of the Hero of Time defeating the darkness existed thus creating the Split Timeline.

....................................................Majora's Mask -> Twilight Princess -> A Link to the Past -> Legend of Zelda -> Zelda II
....................................................Wind Waker

See, here's where I get confused on. We still have Oracle of Seasons/Ages, Link's Awakening, Minish Cap, Spirit Tracks, Phantom Hourglass, Four Swords and Four Swords Adventures.

Now if you look at Minish Cap, it never mentions a Triforce, but the 'Light Force'. It also fills in a few gaps left with Ocarina of Time. Which leads you to believe that it's before Ocarina of Time. But, when Zelda put on Elzo's Wishing Hat, Zelda had created the perfect world, one free of evil. (Since she had the power of the Light Force AND the Wishing Hat [again, my theories]) Which makes it's placement rather complicated. I like to put it at the end of the timeline.

Now we have Phantom Hourglass/Spirit Tracks. Now these, I just sorta throw in by gut feelings. Sorta looks like this. (Spirit Tracks is in next part)

....................................................Wind Waker -> Phantom Hourglass

Oracle of Ages and Seasons really didn't have any big revealing factors. You just sorta fell from the sky. I believe, that it's a dream just like Link's Awakening.

Now, here's where I like to place the GBC games.

....................................................Wind Waker -> Phantom Hourglass -> Oracle of Ages/Seasons -> Link's Awakening -> Spirit Tracks

Now, we know Four Swords/Adventures happens before Minish Cap. So, I get this

....................................................Wind Waker -> Phantom Hourglass -> Oracle of Ages/Seasons -> Link's Awakening -> Spirit Tracks -> 4Four Swords -> Minish Cap
Child

Now again, all theories. This is just MY version of the Timeline. Please, I would love to hear your theories and comments upon this. And if you want to post your version, by all means, do it.

I apologize for all of the periods, the forums won't use spaces. Sorry.
Back to top Go down

Timeline Discussion Theory (Legend of Zelda)
Page 1 of 1